SIM Virtual Professional Learning: Fundamentals of Paraphrasing and Summarizing
June 15 & 29, 2021
11:30 am- 2:30 pm CST
Note: This professional learning event is a series of sessions, which will meet twice in June to learn the instructional routine and provide time for interaction and feedback, and meet three more times for one-hour small group coaching sessions in Aug., Sept., and Oct.
Presenters: Roseanne Arvin, SIM PDL & Rosemary Tralli, SIM PDL
The SIM Reading Strategies are evidence-based strategies that teachers can implement in their classrooms to help students improve their reading abilities. This online class will focus on, and provide practice in, the Fundamentals of Paraphrasing and Summarizing Strategy, a comprehension strategy that helps students to:
- translate information into their own words
- find the main idea and details of each paragraph
- generalize this strategy to standardized tests
Participants will receive the following materials as part of their registration: The Fundamentals of Paraphrasing and Summarizing guidebook (student and teacher), access to digital teacher resources, three (one-hour) small group coaching sessions in Aug, Sept, and October, and three (30-minute) consultation sessions for school administrators.
Registration Deadline, June 7, 2021
Early Bird Price: $350 ($375, after May 28th) - Please register by June 1st to receive your guidebooks on time.
- Registration Step One: Fill out the Online Registration Form
- Registration Step Two: Payment
- To pay by check or purchase order (PO), download the form
- To pay by credit card, visit our online store or call our order desk, 785-864-4780, with your credit card information between 9 am and 4 pm CST.
- Note: This class has a minimun enrollment number. Please do not submit payment information until we contact you that we have reached the minimum enrollment. Thank you!
If you find you are not able to attend the class, notify KUCRL by June 1 for a refund of your registration minus a $25 cancellation fee.