SIM Virtual Professional Learning: Word Mapping - A Vocabulary Building Strategy
June 9 & 16, 2021
11:30 am- 2:30 pm CST
Note: This professional learning event is a series of sessions, which will meet twice in June to learn the instructional routine and provide time for interaction and feedback, and meet three more times for one-hour small group coaching sessions in Aug., Sept., and Oct.
Presenters: Bonnie Palasak, SIM PD & Rosemary Tralli, SIM PDL
The Word Mapping Strategy helps older students learn how to predict the meaning of unknown words. Students learn to identify prefixes, suffixes, and roots and practice predicting the meaning of words using those parts. They also learn to use four strategic steps to identify the parts of a word, determine the meaning of those parts, and predict the meaning of the word.
Participants will receive the following materials as part of their registration: The Word Mapping Strategy guidebook, access to digital teacher resources, three (one-hour) small group coaching sessions in Aug, Sept, and October, and three (30-minute) consultation sessions for school administrators.
Registration Deadline, June 1, 2021
Early Bird Price: $350 ($375, after May 26th)- Please register by May 26th to receive your guidebook on time.
- Registration Step One: Fill out the Online Registration Form
- Registration Step Two: Payment
- To pay by check or purchase order (PO), download the form
- To pay by credit card, visit our online store or call our order desk, 785-864-4780, with your credit card information between 9 am and 4 pm CST.
- Note: This class has a minimun enrollment number. Please do not submit payment information until we contact you that we have reached the minimum enrollment. Thank you!
If you find you are not able to attend the class, notify KUCRL by May 26 for a refund of your registration minus a $25 cancellation fee.