University faculty Webinar Series
Who: University Faculty and their colleagues
Cost: Price of Materials (approx. $35 per session w/taxes and shipping)
Webinar #1: Do You Need SIM Instructional Tools? Probably!
Do you need more support for your university students (either undergraduate or teacher candidates)? The Strategic Instruction Model (SIM) is a comprehensive approach to literacy that provides evidence-based instructional tools and interventions for instructors to use with academically diverse classrooms. During the first of this three-part facilitated webinar series, we will focus on a continuum of explicit vocabulary instruction using the Vocabulary LINCing Routine and The LINCS Vocabulary Strategy. This is the first of three facilitated webinars during the 2022-23 school year.
Presenters: Jocelyn Washburn (University of Kansas), Beth Lasky (California State University, Northridge), Heather Haynes Smith (Trinity University), and Chris O’Brien (University of North Carolina, Charlotte)
- Aug 12 (Fri), 11-1 EST or
- Sept. 8 (Th), 3-5 EST
Webinar #2: Work SMARTER, Not Harder with the Course and Unit Organizer Routines
Description: The second of this three-part facilitated webinar series will focus on an instructional planning cycle called SMARTER. Two SIM Content Enhancement Routines, the Course Organizer and Unit Organizer Routines, focused on planning and leading learning will be shared. This is the second of three facilitated webinars during the 2022-23 school year.
Presenters: Keith Lenz (University of Central Arkansas), Beth Lasky (California State University, Northridge), Jocelyn Washburn (University of Kansas), and Patty Kohler (University of Central Arkansas)
- Nov. 10 (Th), 3:00 - 5:00 pm EST or
- Nov. 11 (Fri), 11:00 am - 1:00 pm EST
Webinar #3: To Be Announced
Description: This is the final webinar in a series of three. Content will be developed organically based on feedback from previous webinars.
Dates and Presenters: not yet set (tentatively, early 2023).
- Webinar #1: July 28 & Aug. 25
- Webinar #2: Oct. 27
- Webinar #3: TBA
Registration Step One: Registration
- Fill out the Online Registration Form
Step Two: Purchase Materials
- You will need to purchase guidebooks for each of the sessions if you do not already have them. Materials are sold through the publisher, Edge Enterprises, Inc.
- For Webinar 1:The Vocabulary LINCing Routine and The LINCS Strategy (approx. $35 w/taxes and shipping)
- For Webinar 2: The Course and Unit Organizer Routines (approx. $35 w/taxes and shipping)
- For Webinar 3: TBA (under $50)
For questions regarding registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, 785-864-0626.