Getting Started for Educators or Others Interested in Earning a SIM Micro-credential
Note: You will need to work with a SIM Professional Developer to engage in earning these micro-credentials; however, anyone can “join the badge” (see Content Enhancement credentials here, Learning Strategies credentials here) and examine the requirements for earning a micro-credential (Content Enhancement Credential Checklist | Learning Strategies Credential Checklist)
- Identify an active SIM Professional Developer or Specialist to partner with in your credentialing process.
- Submit the SIM Micro-credential Form to KUCRL. Include your name and email address. You will receive an email invitation from Badge List to join the badge.
- Click on the link in the invitation. It will take you to the micro-credential page on the Badge List website.
- Click on the green “Join This Badge” button near the top right-hand side of the page. You will join the micro-credential as a “Learner.”
- Connect with a SIM Professional Developer or Specialist who will guide and coach you through the process of earning the credential:
- If you already work with a SIM Professional Developer, work together to determine a plan for earning your micro-credential.
- If you do not have a SIM Professional Developer with whom to work, please fill out the Request for SIM Professional Learning Form and we will connect you with someone. Include your zip code and the name of the credential you want to pursue.
- Post the required evidence for the micro-credential as planned with your professional developer. Read the technical tips and instructions about posting evidence in Badge List in the “Badge Overview”
- Notify your SIM Professional Developer when your evidence is ready for review.
- Watch your email for notification that your micro-credential has been awarded.
- Post/share your credential publicly!