SIM Micro-credentials: Getting Started
Note: You will need to work with a SIM Professional Developer or Specialist to engage in earning these micro-credentials; however, anyone can “join the badge” (see Content Enhancement credentials here, Learning Strategies credentials here) and examine the requirements for earning a micro-credential (Content Enhancement Credential Checklist (.docx) | Learning Strategies Credential Checklist (.docx))
- Identify an active SIM Professional Developer or Specialist to partner with in your credentialing process.
- Submit the SIM Micro-credential Form (.pdf) to KUCRL. Include your name and email address. You will receive an email invitation from Badge List to join the badge.
- Click on the link in the invitation. It will take you to the micro-credential page on the Badge List website.
- Click on the green “Join This Badge” button near the top right-hand side of the page. You will join the micro-credential as a “Learner.”
- Connect with a SIM Professional Developer or Specialist who will guide and coach you through the process of earning the credential:
- If you already work with a SIM Professional Developer, work together to determine a plan for earning your micro-credential.
- If you do not have a SIM Professional Developer with whom to work, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your zip code and the name of the credential you want to pursue.
- Post the required evidence for the micro-credential as planned with your professional developer. Read the technical tips and instructions about posting evidence in Badge List in the “Badge Overview” or in the FAQ
- Notify your SIM Professional Developer or Specialist when your evidence is ready for review.
- Watch your email for notification that your micro-credential has been awarded.
- Post/share your credential publicly!
An accessible version of the documents on this site will be made available upon request. Please contact the KU CRL Professional Development Research Institute, at email@example.com to request the document be made available in an accessible format.